It includes professional learning materials (learning modules) and related classroom resources along with an online community (discussion forum).
Tools assist users to track their professional learning – online and elsewhere – and to download reports of what has been recorded.
Users must register before they can access all the tools within Dimensions.
Dimensions is divided into 5 main areas:
Information about you so AAMT can develop materials to suit users and so people can network with each other more easily.
Make notes about your online and offline professional learning, including time spent.
Like a shopping cart, you can add individual files from learning modules to download as a single zip file.
Network with colleagues to discuss learning modules, questions, dilemmas or great teaching ideas.
Download slides, videos, facilitator guides, etc. to assist your and others' professional learning on a variety of topics.
The development and implementation of this website is based on some key principles and intentions including:
- free and ready access for all teachers and schools
- that it should be a source of high quality professional learning resources and programs
- users of the portal will include 'maths leaders' working with groups of teachers as well as individuals:
- regular classroom teachers
- out-of-field teachers
- teachers returning to the workforce
- pre-service teachers)
- that the available materials and programs will continue to grow to meet the ongoing needs of teachers of mathematics (F–12) in Australia.